Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Reason for God

I am reading a heavy duty book called the Reason for God by Timothy Keller.  I have to savor and let each part sink in before I go on to more pages.  He gives much to think and ponder concerning one's belief in the Bible, creation,  working out for ourselves who we are as believers and why we believe what  what we have been taught through our lives. Like eating a steak dinner, savoring every juicy bite, and then digesting it slowly. Keller includes cheesecake, and salad, wonderful tidbits, to chew on....like: " if we let our unexamined beliefs undermine our confidence in the Bible, the cost may be greater than we think"   (Keller, page 117)  It is taking a long time to finish this book, but it just gets better and better, and challenges my thinking, and increases my desire to stay true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment