Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cleaning out my Freezer

Cleaning out a freezer can be like cleaning out our heart.  I recently took on that disagreeable task and learned something about myself.  I found alot of old stuff in there, items that  were no longer useable or desirable. Raspberries that had been picked several years ago were buried in the back.  Something like the sin that lurks in a heart.  Or, emotions, and attitudes that should have been taken care of long ago.  Yes, I did find items from the past, and they had taken on the odor and flavor of the freezer.  Sometimes we take on the odor and flavor of the world around us, and we cannot be used  in God's service. 
But among those unrecognizable blobs and outdated raspberries, I did find a really nice piece of recently purchased roast that I had forgotten.  What a nice surprise!  God tells us in his word to search the scriptures  and search our hearts.  Guess I should be checking my freezer more often, and checking my heart daily.

 Search me, Know my heart: Try me,  Know my thoughts, Oh, God.

Psalm 139:23

No comments:

Post a Comment